Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Why, indeed....an introduction

I'm a messenger, a bike messenger. I'm not a car messenger, or a horse messenger, or a jet-ski messenger. Bike messenger. I like to play in traffic. So, before i get all codgery and forget about the many wondrous occurrences i see with some regularity, i figure i ought to recount these tales from the front.

I'm a messenger in a City. An evolving City. A City where wonder and amazement are just around the corner from wherever you may be, at any time. Transplanted from yet another big City...a different species of City, buy equally fantastic and suspenseful. Being a courier works for me simply because i work for it. In my past life i was a cubicle-convict....i did that for the first half of my 20's. I then "killed" my self, but not before burning out in a spectacular flame on the job. twice. working on my bike for 2 years in one city gave me the faith and belief that i could do it in any city. And what better reason, than to chase a girl to the other City from the first City.

I'm not a"writer" by any journalistic means - if anyone tunes in to this blog, a) I'll be surprised, and B).....i'll be surprised. But i think, what i hope to gain, is some insight into my own life...and a reference point for when i'm and old(er) codger who needs some help remembering.

and maybe we can all learn a thing or two. Because knowing is half the battle.


























yo Joe!

No comments: